Monday, April 21, 2014

MEET-CUTE(an late proposal for a project that is already done!)

Project 1 proposal

"Art is the state of encounter"   ----Nicholas Bourriaud

"enounter"
noun
noun: encounter; plural noun: encounters
1.

an unexpected or casual meeting with someone or something.     --- Dictionary








The expectancy in the daily routines, that was the first idea that came to my mind. Every each of us somehow always has this potential belief that tomorrow will be just like today, and that today was just like yesterday. Do not try to disagree--- because if you just think about it you will know that's true. Besides, based on my shallow knowledge of social psychology, we as human beings are at ease with this general familiarity. In fact, we will be shocked or even scared of anything new in the first place. 





But encounter is different in a way that it usually presents no threat but a nicer side of surprise. There is this term "meet-cute" that is usually addressed in the movie industry in which a future romantic couple meets for the first time in a way that is considered adorable, entertaining, or amusing.These are my thoughts about how I should approach this project.





So what I have in mind is that I am gonna be a intruder in other people's daily life, "strike" them when they least expected any surprises and then create this encounter. Now the project is done of course, and I chose to put a rose besides the pillow while people are going to bed, and the whole process is photographed in my previous post.










No comments:

Post a Comment