Monday, April 15, 2013


Hi there folks,
      this is a confession of a broken-heart photo-shopper.
      15 still images were put up by me on my flickr account (click me !). All these photos were shot in places that means something for me in childhood, so I hope you could get the sense of sentimentality!
The experience of shooting these images were very illusional to me for me, when I was seeing through the camera it feels so unreal --- maybe that's what people feel when they are kinda old....But just seeing these place unchanged and remained so true to my memory after 10 years means a lot to me. I have never taken photos with this much personal attachment.

       Then I chose one image out of these 15 to edit in photoshop, I have done photoshop a little bit before, but not really understanding what I was doing, the only thing I did was to try to make the picture look more pleasing to the eyes.  So this is what I started with
   
     
forgive the blogger image quality--- it looks kinda crappy here.
then I lightened up the bottom areas to make the deer stand out, along with some other editing including but not limited to adjust curves, saturation, amount of light.
  The way it turns out was not so pleasing at first---- the deer did stand out from the background, so that's decent. But the bottom part was almost too bright that people suggest it kinda hurts their eyes...


So my third round of photoshop went on to adjust whatever that need to be fixed....
and the final image looked like this!

Because the limitations of the blogger image size, it it a bit difficult to tell the difference between each process, but they do look very different when you view the original images in original size!

For more of this set of sentimental photos, please check my flickr sets!
(click me !!)

photoshop images with people could be much more different, Please wait for another post then!


    

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you picked this one! And your alterations look great. I cannot wait to see it blown up.

    ReplyDelete